Twelve Word of God Principles Deposited in Our Hearts as We Began This Journey as GO Church.
As Joshua was about to take the Children of Israel into the promised land God instructed him to take twelve stones out of the river Jordan for a memorial (Joshua 4:1-9).
A stone to me is a rock of revelation as Peter received (Matt 16:15-19) that become a keys to advancing in God’s Kingdom. There were 12 keys deposited in our hearts as we began our journey as GO Church. This is not a doctrine statement.
Like Joshua and Peter God seemed to have provided stones of understanding, 12 of them, that were foundational to our moving forward in what God had for us in His Kingdom’s work.
1. We are deeply aware of and reliant upon the indescribable mercy and grace of our Lord. Our desire is to finish our course in these days realizing it will be with passionate exaltation of GRACE. (Zechariah 4:7) As the “shouts of Grace, grace to it” gave the people what they needed to complete the task at hand, so will the emphasis of grace do for us in the hour in which we live. Grace will provide the courage and strength to advance and complete our course.
2. What God does in us and through us will be by the power of His SPIRIT. (Zechariah 4:6) God’s people rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem had become wearied by obstacles but were empowered to rise above them by Holy Spirit. Likewise we too will ascend to what God desires for us to “be” and “do” by Holy Spirit. Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8.
3. Our message is simple; it is the GOSPEL (Rom. 1:16). The gospel is good news and reveals the power, or the enabling help of God, provided for every man and woman. The gospel is more than sufficient for what any person could need. The gospel Jesus brought will not make ashamed and will always enable the Christ follower to triumph over the “bad news”.
4. The life enabling dynamic PEACE of Jesus (John 14:27; Col. 3:15) and our standing with God we have been graciously provided. This peace of God we’ve learned to daily lean in to, allowing it to rule our hearts and minds. Peace with God and man provide the borders for decisions we make. We realize that with men we must add as God said “in as much as it is possible”(Rom. 12:18).
5. It is our passion to harmoniously unite together or AGREE (Matt 18:19) with others of likeminded faith. While we are a multitude with various ideas and opinions we learn God’s plan and provisions are more important than personal perspective and preferences.“God created us as individuals then whispered ‘think symphony not solo’. We are individually capable, collectively unbelievable.”
6. Our confidence rest on the I AM who is “there”, or here now (Exodus 3:13-14; Matt 18:20). We are not trying to find Him, He found us. We are not attempting to bring Him down, He chose to abide with us and in us (I Cor 6:19, Col 1:27). HE is our strength and our confident hope of glory on earth as well as in eternity.
7. We have total confidence in the authority and power of His Father honored, Holy Spirit empowered, Son earned NAME; Jesus! (John 14:13,14). It is the name above all names. It is the name that opens the door to heaven’s finished provisions of salvation with all its implications. Jesus, Jehovah is salvation, encompasses everything the Old Testament revealed regarding Jehovah and more.
8. We are on an APPOINTED mission (John 15:16) with the Father’s heart as our purpose. We are SET by God, PUT IN PLACE by God, and as we follow Him in love and obedience what we have been appointed unto will come into focus and fulfillment. Our prayers, when we are on His appointment, will be powerful and effective.
9. Our ability is not the deciding factor. His POWER in us “flows down from a Heaven to the places we live in”; (Eph 3:20). Our confidence is in His unquestioned ability to do absolutely anything our appointed mission encounters. We will be caught off guard and feel vulnerable, but we’ll remember Our God never is.
10. Our mission is to GO and make disciples (Matt 28:19; Mark 16:15). This will always bring glory to Jesus causing ones opinion of Him to be lifted, Him to become renown in all our world, that He will be honored above all things, that the splendor of our King will be known to all. (Eph 3:21)
11. This process will involve GIFTS God has deposited into each of us (Rom 12:6). We will honor all and none will be recognized as higher than another based on their giftedness. Fruit, not gifts, are the mark of maturity. The journey we are on will require all the gifts God has given being fully operational and functioning. Therefore we will endeavor to discover and develop those gifts.
12. The foundation of our forward progress and security of our life’s mission is securely based on God’s initiated COVENANT (I Cor. 11:25). God has set us in an agreement having complete terms as determined by Him. God has initiated the relationship and provided all that is necessary for its success. Further, in this covenant it is clear we have nothing to offer and all to gain. It is unfair, undeserved, yet firmly established in the love of God. Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
What we do is important
Having complete confidence in Christ’s provisions is Critical
Resting in Him is Essential